From Middle English yo, io, ȝo, yeo, yaw, variant forms of ya, ye (“yes, yea”), from Old English ġēa (“yes, yea”), from Proto-Germanic *ja (“yes”), from Proto-Indo-European *yē (“already”); or perhaps from Old English ēow (“Wo!, Alas!”, interjection). Compare Danish, Swedish, Norwegian jo (“yes”), Flemish jow (“hi, hey”) and Dutch jo (“hi, hey”). More at yea, ow, ew.
- (slang) A greeting similar to hi.
- (slang) An interjection similar to hey.
- (military slang) Present! Here!
From you're, your, etc.
- (African American Vernacular) Contraction of you are.
- (colloquial) Eye dialect spelling of your.
- (Baltimore) third-person singular, familiar
- Abbreviation of year/years old.
From Russian ё (jo).
yo (plural yos)
- The letter Ё, ё.
Try searching for words with the letters YO, words with the phrase YO, words starting with the letters YO, or words ending in the letters YO.