Find your perfect word!
From Middle English or; partially contracted from other, auther, from Old English ?þor, ?wþer, ?hwæþer ("some, any, either"; > either); and partially from Middle English oththe, from Old English oþþe, from Proto-Germanic *efþau (“or”).
- Connects at least two alternative words, phrases, clauses, sentences, etc. each of which could make a passage true. In English, this is the "inclusive or." The "exclusive or" is formed by "either […] or".
- (logic) An operator denoting the disjunction of two propositions or truth values. There are two forms, the inclusive or and the exclusive or.
- Counts the elements before and after as two possibilities.
- Otherwise (a consequence of the condition that the previous is false).
- Connects two equivalent names.
From Etymology 1 (sense 2 above)
or (countable and uncountable, plural ors)
or (not comparable)
Late Old English ?r, from Old Norse ár. Compare ere.
- (obsolete) Early (on).
- (obsolete) Earlier, previously.
- (now archaic or dialectal) Before; ere.
Results 245 Words with the letters OR
4 letter words with the letters OR ↑
3 letter words with the letters OR ↑
2 letter words with the letters OR ↑
You can also try words with the phrase OR, words starting with the letters OR, or words ending in the letters OR.
Words… ending with q, starting with q, starting with qa, starting with qo, with two letters, starting with x, starting with j, ending with j,
Some random searches: Words with the letters INO, Words with the letters NU, Words with the letters MQIT, Words with the letters IRK,