You can help Wiktionary by providing a proper etymology.
zing (countable and uncountable, plural zings)
- A short high-pitched humming sound, such as that made by a bullet or vibrating string.
- A witty insult or derogatory remark.
- (uncountable) Zest or vitality.
- (uncountable, slang) Pleasant or exciting flavour of food.
zing (third-person singular simple present zings, present participle zinging, simple past and past participle zinged)
- To move very quickly, especially while making a high-pitched hum.
- (onomatopoeia) A high pitched humming sound.
- (US, slang) Used to acknowledge a witty comeback, a zinger.