Reduced form of you. Compare Dutch je, reduced/unstressed form of jij (“you”).
- Nonstandard spelling of you.
Apparently from German ja and cognates in other Germanic languages; related to English yeah.
- (informal) Yeah; yes.
From Middle English ya, from Old English ġēa, iā (“yea, yes”). More at yea.
ya (not comparable)
- (Britain dialectal, West Country, Northern England, Scotland) yea; yes
Variation of hyah.
- (informal) Go. (Spoken to horses and cattle.)
- Nonstandard spelling of your.
From Russian я (ja).
ya (plural yas)
- A letter of the Cyrillic alphabet: Я, я.