Find your perfect word!
Perhaps from Middle Dutch swijch (“twig”).
First known use in c. 1592.
switch (plural switches)
- A device to turn electric current on and off or direct its flow.
- A change.
- (rail transport, US) A movable section of railroad track which allows the train to be directed down one of two destination tracks; point.
- A slender woody plant stem used as a whip; a thin, flexible rod, associated with corporal punishment in the United States.
- (computer science) A command line notation allowing specification of optional behavior.
- (computing, programming) A programming construct that takes different actions depending on the value of an expression.
- (computing, networking) A networking device connecting multiple wires, allowing them to communicate simultaneously, when possible. Compare to the less efficient hub device that solely duplicates network packets to each wire.
- (telecommunications) A system of specialized relays, computer hardware, or other equipment which allows the interconnection of a calling party's telephone line with any called party's line.
- (BDSM) One who is willing to take either a submissive or a dominant role in a sexual relationship.
- A separate mass or tress of hair, or of some substance (such as jute) made to resemble hair, formerly worn on the head by women.
- (transitive) To exchange.
- (transitive) To change (something) to the specified state using a switch.
- (transitive) To whip or hit with a switch.
- (intransitive) To change places, tasks, etc.
- (slang, intransitive) To get angry suddenly; to quickly or unreasonably become enraged.
- To swing or whisk.
- To be swung or whisked.
- To trim.
- To turn from one railway track to another; to transfer by a switch; generally with off, from, etc.
- (ecclesiastical) To shift to another circuit.
switch (not comparable)
- (snowboarding) Pertaining to riding with the front and back feet swapped round compared to one's normal position.
- (freestyle skiing) Pertaining to skiing backwards.
Results 114 Words with the letters SWITCH
14 letter words with the letters SWITCH ↑
13 letter words with the letters SWITCH ↑
12 letter words with the letters SWITCH ↑
11 letter words with the letters SWITCH ↑
10 letter words with the letters SWITCH ↑
9 letter words with the letters SWITCH ↑
8 letter words with the letters SWITCH ↑
7 letter words with the letters SWITCH ↑
6 letter words with the letters SWITCH ↑
5 letter words with the letters SWITCH ↑
4 letter words with the letters SWITCH ↑