Clippings of various words beginning with rep.
rep (plural reps)
- (informal) Clipping of reputation.
- (weightlifting, countable) Clipping of repetition.
- (informal) Clipping of representative.
- (theater) Clipping of repertory.
rep (third-person singular simple present reps, present participle repping, simple past and past participle repped)
- To represent; to act as a representative for.
- (knitting) repeat
Back-formation from reps, misinterpreted as a plural.
rep (countable and uncountable, plural reps)
- (textiles) A fabric made of silk or wool, or of silk and wool, and having a transversely corded or ribbed surface. [from 19th c.]