- present participle of quarter
quartering (plural quarterings)
- A division into four parts.
- The act of providing housing for military personnel, especially when imposed upon the home of a private citizen.
- The method of capital punishment where a criminal is cut into four pieces.
- (heraldry) The division of a shield containing different coats of arms into four or more compartments.
- (heraldry) One of the different coats of arms arranged upon an escutcheon, denoting the descent of the bearer.
- (architecture) A series of quarters, or small upright posts.
- (historical) The practice of docking 15 minutes' pay from a worker who arrived late (even by less than 15 minutes).
quartering (not comparable)
- (nautical) Coming from a point well abaft the beam, but not directly astern; said of waves or any moving object.
- (engineering) At right angles, as the cranks of a locomotive, which are in planes forming a right angle with each other.
Words… ending with q, starting with q, starting with qa, starting with qo, with two letters, starting with x, starting with j, ending with j,
Some random searches:
JBNGTU, VXYL, WHQGIWB, MLY, GOV, HBA,