Pronunciation spelling of knob.
Nobleman sense from white-nob (“white-head”) (18th century), referring to the powdered wigs used by those having or affecting upper middle-class status.
nob (plural nobs)
- (now only in slang) The head.
- (cribbage) a jack of the same suit as the card turned up by the dealer. (see also nibs)
- (slang) The glans penis, the sensitive bulbous structure at the end of the penis also known as the head of the penis. (Also spelled knob.)
- (slang, chiefly Britain) a wealthy or influential person; a toff
nob (third-person singular simple present nobs, present participle nobbing, simple past and past participle nobbed)
- (informal) To hit in the head