From Japanese 文 (mon). Cognate to wen, mun and van.
- The former currency of Japan until 1870, before the yen.
- The badge or emblem a Japanese family, especially a family of the ancient feudal nobility; typically circular and consists of conventionalized forms from nature.
From a dialectal variant of man; compare Western Middle English mon (alongside Eastern man).
- (slang, used in the vocative) A colloquial means of address of man in places such as Jamaica and Shropshire in England.
Clipping of monster, via Japanese モン (mon) in Pokémon, Digimon etc.
mon (plural mons)
- (fandom slang) A creature in a video game, usually one which is captured, trained up and used in battles.
- (fandom slang) A video game or anime in which catching and battling creatures is an important element.