From Middle English hony combe, from Old English huniġcamb; equivalent to honey + comb. The Oxford English Dictionary (s.v. "honeycomb") suggests that the arrangement of plates of wax (with honey) "hanging parallel to each other from the roof of the hive suggests a comb with its teeth".
honeycomb (plural honeycombs)
- A structure of hexagonal cells made by bees primarily of wax, to hold their larvae and for storing the honey to feed the larvae and to feed themselves during winter.
- Any structure resembling a honeycomb.
- (construction) voids left in concrete resulting from failure of the mortar to effectively fill the spaces among coarse aggregate particles.
- (aviation) Manufactured material used manufacture light, stiff structural components using a sandwich design.
- (solar cell) The texture of the surface of a solar cell, intended to increase its surface area and capture more sunlight.
- (geometry) A space-filling packing of polytopes in 3- or higher-dimensional space.
honeycomb (third-person singular simple present honeycombs, present participle honeycombing, simple past and past participle honeycombed)
- To riddle something with holes, especially in such a pattern.
Results 100 Words with the letters HONEYCOMB
There are more words: increase your search size (the gear button) or decrease the word length above.
10 letter words with the letters HONEYCOMB ↑
9 letter words with the letters HONEYCOMB ↑
7 letter words with the letters HONEYCOMB ↑
6 letter words with the letters HONEYCOMB ↑
5 letter words with the letters HONEYCOMB ↑
4 letter words with the letters HONEYCOMB ↑
3 letter words with the letters HONEYCOMB ↑
2 letter words with the letters HONEYCOMB ↑
You can also try words with the phrase HONEYCOMB, words starting with the letters HONEYCOMB, or words ending in the letters HONEYCOMB.
Words… ending with q, starting with q, starting with qa, starting with qo, with two letters, starting with x, starting with j, ending with j,
Some random searches:
INFLJ, WYNXXK, TXDRRO, ILDQ, KNLO, VZQNY,