From Old French depression, from Latin depressio.
depression (countable and uncountable, plural depressions)
- (psychology) In psychotherapy and psychiatry, a state of mind producing serious, long-term lowering of enjoyment of life or inability to visualize a happy future.
- (geography) An area that is lower in topography than its surroundings.
- (psychology) In psychotherapy and psychiatry, a period of unhappiness or low morale which lasts longer than several weeks and may include ideation of self-inflicted injury or suicide.
- (meteorology) An area of lowered air pressure that generally brings moist weather, sometimes promoting hurricanes and tornadoes.
- (economics) A period of major economic contraction.
- (economics, US) Four consecutive quarters of negative, real GDP growth. See NBER.
- The act of lowering or pressing something down.
- (biology, physiology) A lowering, in particular a reduction in a particular biological variable or the function of an organ, in contrast to elevation.
Words… ending with q, starting with q, starting with qa, starting with qo, with two letters, starting with x, starting with j, ending with j,
Some random searches:
TNJKU, NSBU, OBZSPUF, BGY, HCHI, MNHA,