Origin unknown. Perhaps compare Old Norse or Icelandic kobbi (“seal”), Old Irish cuib (“whelp”).
cub (plural cubs)
- A young fox.
- (by extension) The young of certain other animals, including the bear, wolf, lion and tiger.
- (humorous or derogatory) A child, especially an awkward, rude, ill-mannered boy.
- (slang) A young man who seeks relationships with older women, or "cougars".
- (obsolete) A stall for cattle.
- (obsolete) A cupboard.
cub (third-person singular simple present cubs, present participle cubbing, simple past and past participle cubbed)
- To give birth to cubs
- To hunt fox cubs
- (obsolete) To shut up or confine.
Try searching for words with the letters CUB, words with the phrase CUB, words starting with the letters CUB, or words ending in the letters CUB.