From Middle English alliaunce, from Old French aliance (French: alliance). Compare with Doric Greek ἁλία (halía, "assembly").
alliance (countable and uncountable, plural alliances)
- (uncountable) The state of being allied.
- (countable) The act of allying or uniting.
- (countable) A union or connection of interests between families, states, parties, etc., especially between families by marriage and states by compact, treaty, or league.
- (countable) Any union resembling that of families or states; union by relationship in qualities; affinity.
- (with the definite article) The persons or parties allied.
alliance (third-person singular simple present alliances, present participle alliancing, simple past and past participle allianced)
- (obsolete) To connect or unite by alliance; to ally.
Try searching for words with the letters ALLIANCE, words with the phrase ALLIANCE, words starting with the letters ALLIANCE, or words ending in the letters ALLIANCE.