French adoption, Latin adoptio, allied to adoptare (“to adopt”).
adoption (countable and uncountable, plural adoptions)
- The act of adopting. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- The state of being adopted; the acceptance of a child of other parents as if he or she were one's own child.
- Admission to an institution, for example a hospital, clinic, mental asylum.
- The choosing and making that to be one's own which originally was not so; acceptance
- (computing) Transfer between an old system to another (usually better) system.
- (theology) An act of divine grace by which the redeemed in Christ are admitted to the privileges of the sons of God.
Try searching for words with the letters ADOPTION, words with the phrase ADOPTION, words starting with the letters ADOPTION, or words ending in the letters ADOPTION.
Words… ending with q, starting with q, starting with qa, starting with qo, with two letters, starting with x, starting with j, ending with j,
Some random searches:
SLDY, UEECKO, CZSEMMM, FTLBYA, ELJ, UJIUCB,